Cold & Flu Community
Tonsillitis that won't heal

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Tonsillitis that won't heal

Hello, My husband has had a severe ear ache and sore throat for over a week now.  He has seen two rn's, and has been told that he has tonsillitis.  However, he has been on amoxicillin, zithromax, rocefrin (3 shots now), omnicef, and a shot of steroids.  He is still not better.  It hurts to talk and swallow both in his ears and throat (mostly in his right ear).  Does anyone have any idea what's going on or what he should do to get some relief?  He did go to an ear/nose/throat dr. on Thursday, but the rn said it was bad tonsillitis.  This is when he received two shots of rocefrin and the steroid shot, and antibiotic was changed to omnicef.  It is now Saturday, and he's still having sharp pains in his ears and throat.  Please advise!  Thanks in advance.    
I have had a sore throat for a month now and also have ear pain. My other symptoms are fever, headache, sharp pains in my right tonsil, swollen glands, white mucus/pus on tonsils and also pain at the back of my tongue. I saw a RN who only looked at my throat and took a rapid strep test. She gave me a prescription for pennicillan. Well, I took them all and thought I was better only to have it all back again! So, I am suffering with the same problem. I know that doesn't help but hey at least you know someone else out there is having the same problems.