Cold & Flu Community
Very Stuffy Nose. PLEASE HELP!!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Very Stuffy Nose. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi, i'm new here, so do forgive me if i've posted in the wrong forum... ok, i quit smoking approx 3 weeks ago, after which i experienced quite a cold which cleared after about a week and a half. three days ago i spent two nights (basically except for last night) in a hotel room with air conditioning which was on for the bulk of the time i was there. on my second night there i began experiencing a stuffy nose which i have have till now. i also have been clearing my throat (which feels a little awkward, NOT SORE) quite often. ON TOP of all that, i was told by my wife that while i was sleeping on the first night, my body temp was high, but i wasn't sweating.

can anybody help on what may be going on and how to deal with it?

much appreciated
u think u r probably just getting a cold or the flu
Because i can see that you're pretty worried about the changes. I will tell you that u definetly have a cold or flu and i think its been caused by germs and bacteria. And considering you said you were in a hotel gets me to think if the air conditioning was filtered with dirt that you congested and got sick. if you want to prevent having colds always make sure you are in an clean environment. I think you need to drink lots of water and take some antibiotics and wash your hands after everything

Hope this helped!
take somthing for inflamation (inflammation) because most of the time the nose can just be swollen and appear to be stuffy and then you can take some over the counter medicine for mucus. I would also try getting some nasonex. you probably have bad allergies coming on and the reason your clearing your throat can be due to drainage from your sinus cavity

Do saline nasal rinsing with a neti pot. Drink warm water or not tea throughout the day.

Do you know about guaifenesin? It moisturizes your entire respiratory tract from the inside out
and thins mucus. You want your mucus moist & thin so it can run down the throat or out the nose and not be thick.
you want THIN MUCUS AT ALL TIMES.

I take guaifenesin every single day and I drink LOTS of water. When getting over a cold it's very helpful to
ease congestion. You can buy it over the counter - the brand name is "Mucinex".

guaifenesin  has no side effects and is even safe for children. It is marketed for respiratory mucus problems and is available without prescription in various strengths.

something else that is very good to have on hand is an all natural nasal spray
called Xlear. it is made with Xylitol - some health food stores sell it - you can also buy it on-line. it is like
a mucous "dissolver" - really good to use during the day between times you
do saline nasal rinsing. non-habit forming. use it as often as you need to.
i always have this on-hand. spray it in sniff it up then blow your nose.