Cold & Flu Community
What have you found is the best prevention of sickness for you?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What have you found is the best prevention of sickness for you?

There are many ways to prevent sickness, what have you done or taken to help prevent sickness in your life?

I ask because many post I have read are for curing the cold or flu or other sickness. Most of what people take doesn't really cure the sickness as much as help treat the symptoms. What people have done and works for them to prevent from getting sick in the first place would be a great post, full of useful information that people could try individually to see what works them.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
cardiovascular exercise, vitamin C, vitamin D, wash your hands before and after exercise, wash hands before and after bathroom use, Germ X, brush your teeth.
Blank
I could agree more. Thanks for your response.

You mention something that most take for granted...that of washing your hands. So many germs are passed from hand to use by our hands.

Great post. Jim
Blank
typo..."So many germs are passed on to us from our hands"
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Yes, I wash my hands and also use a lot of hand sanitizer.  At home, I wipe down things like door knobs, remote controls and phones.  We take vit. c and to be honest, if someone looks like they are ill, we exit stage left.  Throwing away toothbrushes after sickness is good and an overall diet that is healthy is on track.  We load up on vit C too.  When I start to get sick, I drink lots of fluids.  It helps too I believe.  Drinking fluids keeps mucus running rather than 'gunking up'.  
Blank
Throwing your tooth brushes away after a sickness....I forgot about that. Exceent reminder specialmom,  Thank you!

Jim
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cold & Flu Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank