What is this?
Let me preface this by saying I don't have insurance. The left side of my throat and tongue have been somewhat sore when swallowing. Particularly when I swallow food. It comes and goes whenever I'm not eating. I get a random pain in my left ear too, but that doesn't happen too often. What could this be and what can I do too treat it.
could be ur tonsils or adenoids
You do not have enough info to figure this one out.  Are you dipping? Do you favor one side of your mouth because of a tooth ache?  You may have an infection.  I am thinking that since your ear mouth and tongue are all the same you do need to go to the doctor because you more than likely have a need for antibiotics.  Does the back of your throat have white patches? When you blow your nose is it yellow or green?  Again not enough info. sorry
I had something  similar  years  ago it  was my esophagus  I had to  have  surgery  . I don't have insurance  either  but  you  can get  finical  help
I don't want to scare you, but you really should get it checked out; I had some of the same symptoms and mine was cancer of the tongue. That was this last time, in April of last year - the 4th time. I was first diagnosed in 2008, and had two cancers taken off my tongue in two months; then in early 2009 I had a malignant lymph node in my neck removed. Chemo and radiation followed in Sept./Oct. of '09, then I was cancer-free up until April of '12. I just had a clear CT scan, and I will have another PET scan on Valentine's day to be sure there's nothing there.