Cold & Flu Community
What will happen if I dont cough up the mucus

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

I have a really bad cold and I've been coughing for like a week now I'm on antibiotics but my chest hurts so much from coughing I don't want to cough the mucus up will anything happen if I don't cough it up I also have adthma which is pretty bad at the moment
I know it hurts, but you have to try to cough that stuff up. If you don't, the infection can stay in yuor lungs and make you worse, especially with your asthma.

There are some pretty nasty bugs going around right now. I've been sick for a week with something that seems like a flu. I suggest you use Theraflu. It can be bought at any Walgreens, CVS, or Wal-Mart. The liquid works the best, but there are also pills you can take. This will knock out all your symptoms after a couple doses and help numb your throat so you can cough up the mucus.

I hope this helps and please feel better!

~ Emily