a cold
What can I do when I have a cold and I am excepting
When I had my cold I drank hot tea then switched to hot lemon water with honey and drank that twice a day. My dr also provides his pregnant patients with a list of meds approved for pregnancy.  The cold mes it says you can take are:
Tylenol (regular, extra strength,  cold and sinus)
Sudafed
Robitussin (plain or dm)
Triaminic
Halls with zinc (any cough drops are ok tho)
Ocean mist nasal spray (saline sprays are ok. Avoid any other nasal sprays)
All that I can suggest is to go to a naturopath who can give you alternative natural tonics for your cold. Good luck.
Mrs Brown 323, you should call your ob office and ask for approved meds you may take over the counter for cold symptoms. Also take your temperature and let them know how high your fever is. Stay very well hydrated and rest. If you have the flu....its flu season, you may have the option of taking antivirals to help lessen flu symptoms depending on time frame of illness, and whether your doctor feels its safe. It does not take the flu away, just kinda makes it a bit easier btw. Also, if you have a fever, vomiting, diarrhea tell your ob!
Sudafed is not an approved medicine as far as my doctors said for use in pregnancy. It's pseudoephedrine, a massive decongestants and has a lot of side effects. Lots of luck.