Cold & Flu Community
baby flu

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

baby flu

HI
I have two kids, my son 5 years old and my daughter 9 months old and we have huge problems with season viruses because they both are very sensitive to colds , only a few days healthy , and then we start over... in a few months they had 8 episodes of cold with complications and each time they had to take antibiotics shots .
    bigger problem than this in on my daughter because she had broncholitis on 3 months and since than she has suspicion of asthma and she gets colds after colds with pulmonary complications (broncholitics , no pneumonia) and each colds last for several long weeks under treatment with coritizon , iv antibiotics and salbutamol. i really do not know what to do any more ...she has congested nose for a time and after that it begins ... Some doctors recomanded for her ISOPRINOSINE  , especially when older brother is sick but I really do not know for how long should I give her this antiviral med , for a moth or two for prevention , during an episode of broncholitics or 10 days per month? Is it really effective for common viruses that cause colds on kids - prevention or healling properties ? And please tell me is effective on this new-swine flu or for that only Tamiflu is ok?
Thank you very much and I look forward for an answer.
Tags: Baby