Cold & Flu Community
can u get swollen lymph node after sore throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

hello
i had flu like symptoms 2 weeks back
initially it was nasal congestion n then sore thorat n sputum n little cough n ferv lethargy
it lasted 2 weeks
i took some antibiotic
but i noticed lumps on the side of my neck after a week after i had flu like symptoms
this was my first time that i had these swollen lymph nodes in my life
i had protected sex with a girl i am thinking of ars my sexual encounter was 8 weeks back when i got the flu
i am terrified
plz help me
how often u get lymph node swelling on neck after flu cold or sore throat
i have on my right side of the neck n on the side
plz
reply
Hi,dromiii.
antibiotic do not cure flu's first of all!!!! there are dangers in taking it.  swollen lymph nodes it is best to seek medical advice.test maybe needed to learn the cause .Tuberculosis of the skin skin is treated the same as tuberculosis of the lungs. Treat for TB n if given medicines do not stop taking bcas you feel better. Eat as well as possible and plenty of rest and sleep as possible.  to cure TB completely  can take from 6 months to more than a year.    
  Hope it help go the doctor thor.
Swollen lymph nodes are just your body draining toxins from the area, a swollen lymph node after a cold is normal, how ever.....
In the US, there is disease called mononucliosis, glandular fever here in Australia, it is entirely possible you have caught this. Glandular fever is also called The Kissing Disease, as carriers dont know they have it. Swollen lymph glands in your neck, groin and under arms are a symptom. A simple blodd test will answer you question. BUT once you have glandular fever you cant get rid of it, it is a virus like warts, and will pop its head up every now and then during your life