Cold & Flu Community
cold and flu symptoms won't go away??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cold and flu symptoms won't go away??

hello ive had a few colds over the year Ive taken a fare few different cold medicines but nothing works ive tried vicks in hot water to breath in steam and it didn't work either and  I smoke and recently ive had a blocked nose that wont go away when I blow my nose the traces of blood in it and when I cough I cough up yellowish flem (phlegm) that taste discusting and just this morning I coughed and the flem (phlegm) got stuck in my throat and I couldn't get it out and I could breathe  and started feeling light headed , I was down feeding my horses at the time so I drank a little molasses and water it cleared it enough for me to cough it up.. its enoying and I hate having the feeling like I cant breathe as I have anxiety and when that happens I go into a panic .. please help
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
Whooping cough was bad here this year.  I had it for about 4 months.  

Smoking decreases lung function significantly, so it's even harder to clear phlegm out.  
Blank
Please see your doctor.
Blank
Get a mucolytic/bronchodilator combination syrup.  Bisolvin Linctus DA is very good one.  Effective and sugar free.
The colour of your mucous indicates that you have an infection.  

Smoking with any respiratory tract infection obviously does not help and will only intensify the symptoms as well as the blocked nose.  Still smoking while sick is like adding fuel to the fire.

Perhaps you need an immune booster, Vit D, Vit A, Vit C and B12 Complex.  Smoking depletes or eliminates the effective absorption of micro nutrients needed by the body.

See your GP for an anti-biotic.
Blank
Thank you for your comments would any of them cause trouble breathing mainly at night or is that just my anxiety
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cold & Flu Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...