cold and flu symptoms won't go away??
hello ive had a few colds over the year Ive taken a fare few different cold medicines but nothing works ive tried vicks in hot water to breath in steam and it didn't work either and  I smoke and recently ive had a blocked nose that wont go away when I blow my nose the traces of blood in it and when I cough I cough up yellowish flem that taste discusting and just this morning I coughed and the flem got stuck in my throat and I couldn't get it out and I could breathe  and started feeling light headed , I was down feeding my horses at the time so I drank a little molasses and water it cleared it enough for me to cough it up.. its enoying and I hate having the feeling like I cant breathe as I have anxiety and when that happens I go into a panic .. please help
Whooping cough was bad here this year.  I had it for about 4 months.  

Smoking decreases lung function significantly, so it's even harder to clear phlegm out.  
Please see your doctor.
Get a mucolytic/bronchodilator combination syrup.  Bisolvin Linctus DA is very good one.  Effective and sugar free.
The colour of your mucous indicates that you have an infection.  

Smoking with any respiratory tract infection obviously does not help and will only intensify the symptoms as well as the blocked nose.  Still smoking while sick is like adding fuel to the fire.

Perhaps you need an immune booster, Vit D, Vit A, Vit C and B12 Complex.  Smoking depletes or eliminates the effective absorption of micro nutrients needed by the body.

See your GP for an anti-biotic.
Thank you for your comments would any of them cause trouble breathing mainly at night or is that just my anxiety