cold to sinuses to lungs
I started a month ago with sinus pain/fever/ear pressure....was not treated properly at that point I believe as the doctor I saw told me to take antihistamines and advil....then it went down some and turned into what felt like a simple head cold...annoying but tolerable.....about a week ago though it  made the journey down to my lungs....and I've been really ill since....horrible cough that tends to cause me to vomit....not able to sleep for it....very productive though and when it went to dark yellow color, I was quick to get in with my doc....I was started on Levaquin 750mg on Monday, so I've now had a full three days worth, and am not seeing an improvement.  My peak flows (I have asthma) which would normally be in the upper 300s with a personal best of 480, have been struggling to get to 250 though I'm doing regular nebulizer treatments with albuterol.  My chest and abdominal muscles are quite sore from the coughing.  I'm currently taking Levaquin 750mg, Qvar 2 puffs twice daily, Foradil twice daily, Albuterol neb treatments every 4-6 hours, sudafed as needed for congestion, Adderall 20mg 3x a day, and hydrocodone cough syrup 1 teaspoon every 4 hours as needed.  Is there something that I'm missing here.....could this be resistant to the Levaquin?  My doc was quite sure it is bacterial due to the length of the illness.  Any insight would be helpful.
Go back to your doctor, after 3 days, most people start to feel better.