deep chest cold
I have been outside in the damp bitter cold air for 8hrs a day for last two days. I was definitely prepared with the proper amount of layers, head gear and wool socks. However, the last day my chest is very tight, if i cough it restricts my chest and hurts when i cough. I have no other symptoms other than my chest wall. I am drinking hot tea with honey and have put vicks vapor rub on my chest, but it hurts to talk and especially when i cough.
please help.
Thank you
When being in the cold air and breathing it you do not breath deeply as a rule.  This causes your lung airways to spasm and tighten up.  It is possible for those spasm to make the chest muscles sore, or cause airway injury.  Once the airways are properly warmed they will start to relax and you should be able to breath deeply and cough without pain.

Other conditions such as weather related astma, pleursy, bronchitis, or pneumonia could also possibilities.  

The main thing to remember while in the cold is to wrap a scarf around your nose and mouth or several times every hour place hands over nose and mouth and rebreath the air back into your lungs to warm the airways.

It sounds like you are doing what you should for it, you can also go in the bathroom close the door and run the shower at a very warm temperature so it steams up the room and sit in there for 10-15 minutes or boil a pan of water on the stove remove from heat and place a towel over your head and inhale the steam that way as well being careful not to burn yourself, of course.  If it doesn't subside in a day or two you should have it checked out by your doctor.  I Hope This Helps.  Good Luck and Happy Holidays, Brenda
came home from work wed nite sneezing. runny nose. and headache. over the days it has got wayyyy worse sweats chills nausea throwing up like crazy diaherra the whole nine!! cant eat and when i use the bathroom its black!!!!! should i go to the e.r?!?!
Hello, and Yes you should go to the ER,
The black stool could actually be a sign of blood in the stool and really needs to be checked out along with your vomiting.  If you are unable to tolerate intake, you are most likely dehydrated as well and may be needing IV fluids to supplement what you can't consume orally at the moment.  
Good Luck.     I Hope This Helps Brenda