Cold & Flu Community
how long do flu symptoms last

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

how long do flu symptoms last

My son is 19 and was recently diagnosed with the influenza b.  He is a college freshman and was prescribed Tamiflu by the clinic there.  He took the meds for 2 days and then he felt better so he decided he was fine. UGH!!!! He was diagnosed almost two weeks ago, although I realize that stopping the medication was not the smartest and best thing to do, he is still sufferring from a headache.  He says he feels better if he takes two advil each day, but he doesn't want to continue doing that much longer.  He still has a cough in the morning and at night, but that appears to be much better.  Is it normal for him to still have a headache?  Should he return to the clinc?
YES!  He also needs to take the FULL antibiotic or 1) it will not get rid of the illness & 2) it wont work as well the next time you take it .  

Most likely he wil need another anti biotic .  I'd get a different kind due to not finishing the other 1 and being resistance.  

Hope you gets better soon

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_does_the_flu_last
I WOULD TAKE HIM BACK TO THE CLINIC ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY AND WITH THE HEADACHES AND FLU SYMPTOMS YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE HIM CHECKED FOR DIABETIES THESE ARE ALSO SIMILER TO HIGH BLOOD SUGAR WHICH  CAN BE VERY SERIOUS.FOR TOPAZ1365
Hi i recently got flu and got prescribed Tamiflu.it was the viral.I completed the course for 5 days and now i feel better .i dont have fever .but i have cough and litle sore throat. and feel extremely tired all the time recovering from the flu.He should've completed the medicine course completely if he dint hve any side effects inorder to feel better sooner. How does he  feel now?