Cold & Flu Community
keep getting ill...

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

keep getting ill...

I hope some can help me. I have had colds throughout the year. The symptoms are initially, my nose tickles then I start to sneeze several times. My nose then starts to fill with snort and have to blow my nose constantly. I also get mild fever and headaches. I then start to cough and develop a wheeze which becomes worse when lying down and it can get so bad that I can't sleep. The first time I was ill was around the beginning of the year, I was very ill. The problem is that this keeps coming back. I would get better then after a week or two, the symptoms start all over again. Doctors prescribed lots of anti-biotics which don't work - they have taken the sputum to test for bacteria which came back negative so the doctors suspect virus. They have given me salbutamol/albuterol inhalers for the wheezing which helps a lot. They tested me for asthma which came out negative. I have even been given antihistamine tablets as once the dotctor thought I was having an allergic reaction. I try to tell the doctor in vain that I was not allergic to anything. Between the colds, I started to exercise in an effort to improve my immune system which I believe is helping as the symptoms are not as bad as before. Doctors only seem to be interested in treating the symptoms not the cause, telling me I am just unlucky and doctors are ill like this all the time! Am I just unlucky or is there an underlying problem? Please help me!
i would think you could have allergies my kids get that way all the time and she takes a cingulair daily and is fine :)
It does sound a lot like my allergies too except the low grade fever. Have you tried Claritin for a few months to see what happens or benedryl for a month? I took Benedryl for a whole year and it didn't affect my health. So i think it is ok as a pathologist told me to try it. The only other thing is to get a viral panel done, and check your Immunoglobulin levels and other immune markers if they havent' done that yet. Have you had a complete blood count to see if your white blood cells and lymphocytes are normal?  
mkh9
Sounds like acute sinusitis to me but if it is viral,antibiotics will not help.Have your Drs. tried viral med yet ? If you are a woman it might be tied to your hormones, I have Pmdd and seem to get sick at the same time every month. Not much info but hope you get the help you need somewhere!
u should started to take more vitamin c and sort of fruit that help in ur imune body