never ending cough
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but i have had a cough for almost a week now and it will not go away. i cough all day long with not even 1 min. in between coughs. the cough is very dry and therefore, painful. i am on mucinex, delsum, and tesla pearls and they are not helping at all. i dont even think there are helping at all...is something wrong? what else could this be? i feel like this cough will never end.
i got that cough in oct its jan and am still with it , its better but not gone . lots have said it takes months to get over , they even put me on a inhaler for the cough and whez which am still doing never before in life has asthma, i took the tussin perals to did nothing , drs say it has to run its course i took 3 rounds of antibotices didnt help, so hang inthere it will get better sometime this year
Ask your Doctor about "cough variant asthma" then see if he will give you a prescription for prdizone. After years of coughing I was finally diagnoised and this is what stops it.
I was coughing a lot and I put a top-sorry i'm not an american speaking- or a second tee-shirt a light tee-shirt, and my cough stopped.

I have had a cough and weezing for about three weeks but I'm not coughing or weezing constantly just sometimes... Does anyone know what it might be? Cuz its getting super annoying!
I have had a seal like barking cough for almost 2 months now too.Have had 2 different antibiotics, chest Xrays . Finally to a lung specialist. She too suggested what REB 51 said ,perhaps it is cough variant asthmas, this kind of asthma has no weezing just coughins and can lasts for months. I sound like a seal, my throat  is sore and my voice goes out. I have to take 40 MG of prednisone for a few weeks, an albuterol inhaler too. She said the inflammation has to go down in the lungs to get better first. also one has to try to figure out what triggered the attack to begin with,Mine was most likely allergies. so we treat that along with this. i am hoping she helps this. sh also has me taking benedryl at night and that helps with the post nasal drip.
My husband was diagnosed with Cough-variant Asthma and was in the same situation as you repeatedly.  Oral prednisone and inhalers would calm things down a bit for a while, but then the symptoms would flare back up with a vengance! The Dr. suspected allergies, and threw several ant-histamines & other meds into the mix with only minimal results.  This went on or YEARS!

Our next step?  ALLERGY TESTING - all available skin ***** tests for plants, animals, and FOOD ITEMS - followed by blood testing for a wide variety of foods w/o available skin tests.  Results? - LONG list of food items with significant allergic reactions - including CORN and MILK PROTEINS (not lactose intolerance).  

Cutting out offending food items from his diet has made a world of difference!  Some of the prior lung damage appears to be  permanent, and his asthma diagnosis will never go away - but it's now under control with routine meds.

If you end up in a continuous cycle of prednisone -  I strongly recommend comprehensive allergy testing and then strict avoidance of offending allergens!