Cold & Flu Community
sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

sex

hello i had sex and the  condom broke it was a one night stand. i am worried. how high is the chance of catching aids,
  • unprotected sex
    I had sex with a female 2001, i performed oral sex on he...[more]
  • feard (2 replies):
    i had protect sex with prostitute in novmber 2010 after ...[more]
  • std (1 replies):
    hi how are you? lately i have been doing some bleeding a...[more]
  • Bleeding? (4 replies):
    Hi everyone. Last time I had sex when my boyfriend pull...[more]
  • swolen labia afer sex? (1 replies):
    After sex, even during sex my labia gets swollen. im no...[more]
Don't you know that if you have to have sex will a complete stranger; you should make him wrap it as well as you taking care of yourself. I'd go get checked out. Don't forget to tell your Dr. what happened so he knows what route to take in keeping you healthy. Good luck, hopefully, this is just a wake up call for you.
Catching HIV from a one-night stand is unlikely, but increases if there is rough sex or anal intercouse involved since that has more risk of tearing skin and opening a way in.  You never know if the partner is HIV + too.  It's worth talking to your doctor about, but not worrying about.
more concerning would be STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) that are easy to catch, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphillis (syphilis), hepatitis.  These can be tested for by your doctor or the public health department.