Cold & Flu Community
smoking after pheumonia

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

smoking after pheumonia

hello. im 15 years old and i recently had pheumonia. the doctor said it was only a touch of pheumonia in my left lung. i was smoking when it happened but i got medications and now i am better. please dont tell me about how smoking is bad because i already know. im just here to ask when can i smoke again? my pheumonia was not bad it was just a touch of it but im wondering how do i know when i can smoke again without going for a checkup at the doctor because i already went and i just have to finish the antibiotics they gave me. when my pheumonia is gone can i smoke again without it coming back? even though its gone i dont want to make it worse.
Smoking would really weaken the lungs and make them an easy target for a second infection. Obviously I think it's best not to smoke at all, but try to give yourself at least a couple weeks of rest. If you do smoke before then, just small amounts. Try to cut it back to as low as possible.
Of course. Pneumonia is basically a lung infection. You can get pneumonia even if you're not a smoker.
pheumonia may have nothing to do with you smoking. smoking doesnt help having it but it certainly might not be the cause. Im 17 ive smoked since i was 13 ive had it before and i get bronchitius frequently. You should be able to smoke as long as you think your breathing fine take medicine for congestion to get it out of you and drink pleanty of water and you should be fine. If after your pheumonia is gone and your smoking and you feel like your getting it again stop smoking and go back to the doctor. Hope i have been helpful
thank you for all the comments. i would like to say how i am now. i dont feel any flem (phlegm) or mucus in my lungs nomore and i dont cough anymore. i may cough once or twice a day but i know pheumonia stays for a while but i am just finishing off my medications about 2 more days. so i know smoking is bad but my questions is this. after all i have said is it okay if i have a cigarette again?
Quit the cancer sticks,your lungs will love you for it,nothing good comes out of smoking and years down the track lung cancer will be waiting for you with open arms,lost an aunt,uncle and cousin all to lung cancer from smoking.I really hope you can quit and live a long life.All the best.
You are 15 and smoking----- hate to hear that!!!!!!!!  I quit last oct 19th--- its such a freeing experience if u can get past the first couple weeks.  Nothing good comes frm smoking.   Nothing.  It's expensive,  smoke is terrible for u.  It smells up a vehicle.  I think it can make u age faster.  And there is always the cancer that a lot of folks end up getting eventually.  Do your health a favor and quit. Really---- u are so young this is the best time.  All the best.