Cold & Flu Community
whats the best way to get rid of a sore throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

I know Im bout to get sick soon because I woke up this morning and my throat was sore.Is there anything I can do to stop my throat from getting any more sore besides drinking water?

i find tea works specially ginger tea. Basically you just boil it with water then add sugar and serve. You should also inhale the fumes the tea's emitting it's quite soothing. Don't drink orange juice, and definitely don't smoke. Ricola lozinges are also good on the go. I also find that putting vicks just under the nose soothes your throat as well.
Well i hope this helps :)
Gargle with peroxide 3 times a day! It will kill all the bacteria in your mouth/throat. Do not swallow it! Just gargle and spit it out. It will foam up because it is killing all the germs, so just rinse with water after and spit it out. Your throat will be better in no time, and if you do it enough it will prevent a cold from starting.  
*hydrogen peroxide, you can also mix it with half warm water. Remember..do not swallow! If you already have a cold it will also help you get better faster. Hope this helps.
Abby22 is advocating something not very traditional, i'd worry about swallowing, and it's something that can damage tissue.  I probably wouldn't do that.

ginger tea or anything that makes you hydrated is great!

vicks/ricola hopefully keeps the throat more moist which can help.

more drinking water helps.
The foaming action caused by hydrogen peroxide is not the killing of germs and bacteria, but the reaction of hydrogen peroxide with the oxygen. Seeing it bubble does nothing more than look really cool. The proper way to apply it is dab it on a paper towel or something then apply to the cut or infected area, but never should you pour it on a wound, its only killing healthy tissue. As far as putting it in your mouth....I don't know about that. I'm sure it will kill some bacteria, but it will also be killing healthy tissue too.  The best thing for a cold is REST, there is no miracle cure for the cold.