why am I still sick
I started this cold last Sun morning and after four days of taking zinc losenges,resting , and keeping warm I thought it was pretty much over.  But for a few more days I still felt dizzy and sickly.  Finally next Saturday I felt well.  However, its Mon eve. now and just because I sat outside when it was a tiny bit cool (in the 70's!) and hat a overshirt on so I wasn't even that cold and talked to a friend for awhile it seems like I'm having a relapse with a slight sore throat dizziness and sore chest,  I thought it would go away after a few hours of rest, fluids, etc. but I still feel lousy.  I don't understand why I am so vulnerable : I eat nutritious foods and excercize moderately.  Last winter I got so many colds.  Could I have some underlying illness that is effecting my immune system?  I do have very mild asthma I think (I don't even need an inhaler) but extreme cold and lots of dust will provoke symptoms.  So this may be a factor I guess.....
You seem to have established a pattern, which leads me to believe you may be suffering from allergies, try treating you symptoms with antihistiamines sold over the counter, there are several, diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine, and loratadine are very inexpensive, you can also add guaifenesin to thin mucous and a nasal decongestant for sinus/ear pressure and post nasal drip. Your feeling lousy can be your body saying it's wore out from managing these symptoms with no help, over the counter meds just help, don't cure....good luck