Colitis Community
Abdominal Problems, Dizziness, Fatigue

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Abdominal Problems, Dizziness, Fatigue

Hi all,

I am a 25 year old male and have been experiencing lower abdominal pains for the past year. Sometimes it would wake me up in the middle of the night with a searing pain usually in the lower left side of the abdomen (LLQ). This would happen chronically. Now, my stomach makes constant gurgling noises and feels as though there is an increase in flatulence.

Lately, I have been experiencing straining while going to the bathroom and alternating between diarrhea and constipation. Also, my stomach feels as though it is protruding out more. In addition, I now have been experiencing severe dizziness over the past couple of weeks along with chronic fatigue. The dizziness feels as though I am rocking on a boat and is felt most when I get up to walk from sitting or lying down, but is constant throughout the day and seemingly worse in the afternoon or before bed. It is affecting my daily work at my desk job. Furthermore, I feel as though I have an increased sensitivity to light and inability to concentrate (brain fog?) as well as having problems finding the right words. At times, my eyes begin to burn and feel very dry and heavy.I also notice that I become extremely fatigued after eating a meal or right after a bowel movement.

I have tried going on gluten and wheat free diets and dairy free, for about two weeks and have not seen any symptoms diminishing.  

I have had a colonoscopy, ultrasound, CBC including blood work for thyroid, kidney, liver, hepatitis, HIV, B12, Iron, Gluten, stool-culture and parasite tests all with no findings.

The only finding I've had is an x-ray supporting that I was constipated.

Please help as I feel as though I am at the end of my rope as to what could be causing this and I feel as though I am progressively becoming worse.
Hi mate,
Well i had some colitis problems since two months ago.
I had pain expecially after lunch and i've to run fast in bathroom and often i had pain in the LLQ.
I did colonscopy and gastroscopy over blood exams.
They found me micro colitis, not so heavy but i have.
I told about this with my doc and she told me that i've to stay quieter and don't be so anxious and so scared about my colitis: in a word it's very likely that it's a psychosomatic deseas.
If all the exams are negative i don't think you have something bad.
Stay a little quiter and talk about it with your doc, and if youare a little anxious...relax a little. it worked with me...will be the same for you.

Are you on any medication?  Have you tried eliminating dairy from your diet?
    Don't be so scared, talk about it with doctor,may be there is  problem with digestive system.