Acute colitis
My sister came down with severe lower widespread abdominal pain, fever, diahrea and just plain feeling icky last Sunday at 4pm. Nothing holistic I tried helped relieve her symptoms. She went to the free clinic in our area as she has no insurance, they sent her to hospital on Thursday for ct scan with contrast on her abdomen. She has colitis. The er dr wanted her to get right in the next day with a lower tract gastroenterologist to determine the cause. She was sent home with some pain meds. Today is now approaching sat. She is still in pain and feeling unwell. She's trying to hold off til aug 1st, when she is eligible for insurance through her work. I'm concerned for her. She's not doing well. Any tips or suggestions to help her through this til a cause can be found? I've done some research into acute colitis, I understand there are different reasons that could cause this, she needs follow up care to determine this I know. Thank you much in advance, and greatest blessings to all!!
Just wanted to add, she has not experienced bloody diahrrea, and her pain transcends cramps. Her pain is continuous, does not abate, and the only thing that takes the edge off is to lay down and not move.