Colitis Community
Antibiotics and colitis???? Please help

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Antibiotics and colitis???? Please help

Here is my problem I took clindimycian 500mg x2 daily for 4 days for a small bacterial infection cause flagyl was making me light headed.... so my gyn gave me the clindimycian. at the 3-4 days I got really soft burny stools. so i stopped the meds... I still have the soft stools... since then it has been 3 weeks I did see a reg doc that siad try the bland diet and probotics..well helps somedays but seems like it just wont get back to normal!!!!

What else can I do my gyn says I need to finish the flagyl....will this coltis go away...it freaks me out as I already have anxiety with  thyroid problems and have been dealing with being hyper the past two months! I never had this type of issue until the medicine!!!

Any suggestions to get my insides back to  normal would help soooo much!!!!! thank you
Have you been diagnosed with colitis or is this just a reaction to the meds?  I have ulcerative colitis and cannot take any antibiotic without causing a severe flare up.  The last time this happened I had to go off the antibiotic and take Prednisone before my system went back to normal.  If you have been diagnosed with colitis, talk with your GI and see what they suggest.  Good luck!