Colitis Expert Forum
Ascending colon Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Ascending colon Pain

I had around 4 days of pain a month ago, very localised to the top of the ascending colon and for the 1st day it was quite painful.
The pain has just returned today and I notice that I also have referred pain around the right side of T10 area (feels bruised there). The top of the ascending colon area is tender to touch and tight if I stretch. I am in my 50s, otherwise in v.good health.  I had my appendix removed as a teenager (apparently it was a botched surgery and there was some accidental damage done with scalpel, the cecum/bowel  was mentioned) and over the years I have noticed that  once a year or so the ascending colon goes rigid, as if in constant spasm for a day or 2. (Relevance?). I would be grateful for any thoughts on what might be the cause of the pain.
Any change in bowel movements?
Any tests done so far?