Colitis Expert Forum
C Diff Not going anywhere

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

C Diff Not going anywhere

I have been On flaygel for about to months and still taking it.. Im still experiencing the same problems. My problems are funny texture stool. I can see all my food I eat in my stool. I told my doctor she said it normal.. Im losing weight. I dont know if its because my eating habits change.  This is really bothering me.. I caught c diff because I was on Antibotics for 2 months. Im still nausated on the meds. my doc is no help. I was wondering If I can take a proboictic with this.  
If colonoscopy was not done before it may be done for evaluation.

Nausea could be due to flagyl. There is no need to take Flagyl for such a long time.

Stool test may be done for confirming Cdiff infection. In 20% of cases there will be recurrence in which case vancomycin is needed for treatment.
Adding probiotics would be helpful.