Colitis Expert Forum
C.Diff and toddler
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

C.Diff and toddler

My daughter is 2 years old.In June she was diagnosed w/ MRSA staph and was given Septra & Clindamyacin. Now she had just been diagnosed with C.Diff.  She had very strange diarhea (diarrhea) & stools for about 2 wks. Stool were watery, mucusy to black and yellow. She would go 8xs a day. I called the DO (last Monday)& explained in detail her symptoms and history with the MRSA & antibiotics.  he call back I got was to reduce juice and cut down on dairy.  I was VERY frustrated with that response.  I called the doctors office again two days later (Wed) and asked about what to put on her yeast infected behind and explained everything again to the nurse.  This time I was given an appt.  Went in and talked with Dr..  He gave me the Toddler Diarrhea speech, but gave me a ton of stool collection containers since her stools were unusual.  One, Saturday I get a call from the on-call doctor (who I personally can not stand and refuse to see) and the lab called to tell her it was C. Diff.  Since she didn't know my child she said we should wait until Monday when my doctor comes in to decide what to do.  At this point stools are more firm, but green and contain blood.  I took in the stool smear for them to confirm that it was blood (which it was) and they told me my dr wasn't going to be in until Tuesand the original doctor would call me later after she decided what to do.  SIX hours later she calls to tell me she didn't feel me daughter was in to bad of shape, so she wanted to wait until today when my doctor came in.  She said some information about the antibiotic to treat C.Diff that I know for a fact is wrong. I did tell her that from what I had read that just because the diarrhea has gone away doesn't mean that she is better and can actually signal something worse.  She still wanted to wait.  Now it is Tuesday and 2:40 and still haven't heard from my doctor.  Very frustrated.  Am I right in that they have to be given an antibiotic or the C.Diff doesn't just majically go away???