Colitis Expert Forum
Cecum Troubles?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Cecum Troubles?
To:  Ratnakar Kini, MD

My earlier post perhaps was not detailed enough, therefore, I will try again in hopes of receiving an answer.

6 weeks ago, I had a sharp pain in the right lower side of my abdomen which lasted about 2 to 3 days, then went
away on its own and has not bothered me since.  The doctor ordered: 1) abdominal ultrasound - result normal;
2) abdomen/pelvic CT scan - result "thickening in the cecum region".  What does that mean ?

I am now scheduled for colonoscopy by Dr. Kudchadkar, but this doctor does not explain anything. Can you
enlighten me. Bobble

P.S. I have a feeling that just because these tests are available and I am able to pay for them, I am unnecessarily
        suffering, mentally and physically. I am 80 yrs. old and otherwise in good health.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi Bobble,
Thickening in the cecal region could be due to inflammation or cancer.
Considering your age, cancer has to be ruled out.
Colonoscopy helps to see the cecum.
A biopsy from that area will help to know the exact cause of the thickening.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A related discussion, air in cecum was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now