Colitis Expert Forum
Chronic diarrhea

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Chronic diarrhea

I have had diarrhea for 6 days.  I went to the Doctor they said I had a virus and a UTI.   My white count was only 3900 which I know is low but I run low grade fevers with this, is there anything else this could be?  I've never had a uti before.
UTI is common in women. So it is not that you should not get it though  this is the first time you are having it.
Diarrhea for 6 days is not chronic diarrhea. Stool analysis may be done for evaluation.Most often it is viral which is self limiting.