Colitis Expert Forum
Clear Bowel Movement
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Clear Bowel Movement

I am 30 years old, physically fit and i eat a fairly healthy diet with at least 20g of fiber per day. I do drink alchol frequently and was a heavy caffeine user until about a month ago. In November I began taking Effexor XR for anxiety. around the middle of January I began to get constipated. I could still pass stool, but it was very difficult. I noticed during several bowel movements that I was pushing what appeared to be semen out of my penis when I was straining. I discontinued the effexor about 5 weeks ago. I have had two episodes in the last five weeks in which I pushed fluid out of my penis while i was having a hard bowel movement. (although there is a very small amount of fluid compared to before)I went to the doctor last week and told them the situation. They gave me metimucil to take three times a day and took and x-ray of my abdomen. I had a bowel movement every day for the last four days and today I had two. The second bowel movement was almost completely clear and there seemed to be a lot of mucous in it. Could all of these problems be related or could this likely be from the excess amount of fiber I have been taking. Any other input would be helpful.