Colitis Expert Forum
Clear Bowel Movement

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Clear Bowel Movement

I am 30 years old, physically fit and i eat a fairly healthy diet with at least 20g of fiber per day. I do drink alchol frequently and was a heavy caffeine user until about a month ago. In November I began taking Effexor XR for anxiety. around the middle of January I began to get constipated. I could still pass stool, but it was very difficult. I noticed during several bowel movements that I was pushing what appeared to be semen out of my penis when I was straining. I discontinued the effexor about 5 weeks ago. I have had two episodes in the last five weeks in which I pushed fluid out of my penis while i was having a hard bowel movement. (although there is a very small amount of fluid compared to before)I went to the doctor last week and told them the situation. They gave me metimucil to take three times a day and took and x-ray of my abdomen. I had a bowel movement every day for the last four days and today I had two. The second bowel movement was almost completely clear and there seemed to be a lot of mucous in it. Could all of these problems be related or could this likely be from the excess amount of fiber I have been taking. Any other input would be helpful.
The basic problem is constipation.
Take high fiber diet and plenty of fluids.
This helps to ease the bowel movements. A littel amount of mucus can be normal.
Ther is a gland called prostate at the lower part of the urinary bladder. It can be felt through the rectum.
When you have contipation, the hard stool presses and massages this prostate gland which result in secretion that come out of penis.
if contipation is treated this symptom will disappear.