Colitis Expert Forum
Colitis Flareup or Diverticular Problem
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Colitis Flareup or Diverticular Problem

Diagnosed with colitis 10 years ago and latest colonoscopy about a two months ago indicated begining signs of diverticulitis.  Doctor did not seem too concerned, and indicated that he did not see anything abnormal with the exception of seeing some signs of slight inflamation (inflammation) in lower colon and rectum.  A few days ago, I woke up in the moring with a mild to moderate pain in lower left abdomin (abdomen).  Bowel movement was painful and unproductive.  The next morning i woke with a fever of 100, with chills and body aches.  Pain was no worse, and acually pain felt a little better.  Next day fever gone, and pain only when I press down on the area, but am now constipated.  Tried calling doctor's office, but nobody there due to holidays.

Could this be just a colitis flareup, of something related to diverticulitis?  My concern is whether I have an infection that needs an antibiotic or since my fever is gone, just need rest and Milk of Magnesia for the constipation?