Colitis Expert Forum
Crohn's Dsiease...colon cancer?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Crohn's Dsiease...colon cancer?

Ok...here's the deal...I'm 20 years old and I think I have colon cancer. Now before you roll your eyes and immediately start throwing statistics at me, hear me out. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 15 years old. I have been on Remicade for about four years and recently the effects seem to be diminishing.So, I went in for a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. They found three small polyps in my cecum (1-2mm) and one mid-sized polyp in my mid ascending colon (6-8mm). Also, there were large discontinuous areas of inflammation in my ascending and descending colon with large amounts of adherent mucus. They removed all of the polyps and took tissue samples for histology and virology (they are testing for C.difficile =/) I have looked up the chances of having colon cancer and I understand that I am at a greater risk because of a couple of factors, like Crohn's and multiple polyps. But also I know that it is unlikely that i have it due to my age and the size of the polyps themselves. I guess what I am looking for is a straightforward answer on the probability of me having colon cancer that takes everything into account. Everything that I've read says it is unlikely that people under 50 would have colon cancer but that's usually in people that have not been diagnosed with some sort of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I'm kind of a hypochondriac so i just want some sort of answer that will set my mind at ease on the issue. At this point I don't care whether I have it or not, I just don't want to be in the dark anymore. (Side Note: I had previously wanted to post this on the Cancer Experts Forum but it wouldn't allow me to post....so sorry if this is kinda outside this forum's topics =/)
May I have the biopsy report?
Do this pranayam daily, and once you start to notice the improvement in your health, you will not worry. The Crohns will get better gradually, so allow 6 months.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Kapalbhati pranayam -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times.
Oh my goodness we could be best friends!  I was diagnosed at age 9 with UC/Chrone's.  My dad died at the age of 37 with Colon cancer.  I was in remission for 15 years, and now it has reared it's ugly head....Now, you want a straight answer.....you have a 50 percent more chance of devoloping colon cancer than someone who was never diagnosed with gastro disease.  However, it is extremely rare for someone our age, now, to be diagnosed with cancer with the medical intervention and scoping keeps your condition in sight to the drs.  Also, I too have a bit of anxiety, and when my Chrone's came back, I was nearly convinced I had cancer, and was going to die.  We don't have expiration dates on the bottom of our feet, and you could get hit by a bus on the was to the dr.  I don't know if you are a Christian, but even if you're not, read Matthew 6:34....it has brought me through this terrible time.   Is our condition uncomfortable?  Hell no....it hurts like hell.  It absolutely blows my mind when dr's think they know how I feel. When they aren't the ones running to the bathroom. Having to be taken home on the first date.  Or going to a party.  I hope I haven't offended you, and have let you know, that you are not alone.  At least one person "gets it".