Colitis Expert Forum
Desperate to find an answer!!!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Desperate to find an answer!!!

A little less then 2 years ago my Mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. She has since had chemo, radiation and surgery resulting in a colostomy. On Dec. 2nd she had ostomy reversed and has not had a good day since. She spends 90% of her day in pain. The pain is everywhere from her stomach around her lower back and her vaginal/rectal area. Very often  she explains a lot of pain like extreme gas that fells like it just won't come out. Almost a month ago it was found she has an ulcer on her colon.  
After being admitted through emergency b/c pain was so bad, it "apparently" was found that she had diverticulitis. She was on antibiotics for 3 days in the hospital until her main surgeon returned to the hospital, and diagnosed that she does not have it and was taken off meds. Over this period she had been off food and liquid. Soon as she got home and began eating again, the pain that had started to subside returned.
Doctor still does not have an answer for this, but very confusing thing is while my Mom was visiting my sister in another town she required to go to emergency yet again, and this new doctor had test reports pulled for her. The most recent test she had received seemed to read in the reports that there was several signs consistent  that she may have colitis. Now doing my own research on this disease has shown very very similiar symptoms in my Mom, but it has never been mentioned to her that she may have it. We have her next appointment in a couple days, which will be a follow up of her being put on a soft liquids diet now for 3 weeks and will "see" if she is holding up better. Not really sure how better this doctor is expecting her to look, but I tell you it is only getting worse. It is more than heartbreaking to watch her go through all this, b/c she is losing herself. Physically, emotionally and mentally.
Is it possible she does have colitis?