Colitis Community
Diet Tips for Ischemic Colitis

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Diet Tips for Ischemic Colitis

I have just been diagnosed with ischemic colitis. 54 yr old male with no previous medical conditions.  Is there a diet I should be following?

This discussion is related to Recurrent Ischemic Colitis.
is your condition chronic or acute?

I believe that this is what has happened to me and i have no real diagnosis yet. i am about to go check myself in the hospital. I have been playing with this for a year now. I have gone from 200 lbs down to 145 and thought I am somewhat functional, I just can't go any longer without some treatment. Weather it be surgery or put on TPN.. I am getting too weakened ...

I have now made a website and I am working on that     www.gutpain.com
if you have time, read myu story and see if any relates.