Colitis Expert Forum
Extreme bloating/ slow moving since gallbladder surgery
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Extreme bloating/ slow moving since gallbladder surgery

I have a very slow emptying stomach and very slow moving bowels. I have GERD for several hours following meals with no sensation of burning. Since gallbladder surgery everything is worse. I spend 30 dollars a week on digestive enzymes. I can take a couple pills and can reflux them undigested 2 or 3 hours later. I typically take 2 to 4 pills if I eat anything at all. I have measured and the bloating is so extreme that I waist can increase 6 to 8 inches without taking ox bile and other enzymes. ( I remember eating a small bread sample at a bakery and looking pregnant by the time I arrived home 30 mins later.)

Now I am using dieters tea (2 cups a day) on a regular basis just to get my bowels going. My stool is rarely, if never hard. I go about 2 times a week at the most. My still is normal consistancy though sometimes I have to make it lose with stronge laxitives just to get it moving. I recently had an MRI (for an ovarian growth). It showed a large amount of stool compacted on the right side.  Recently my stool has been very dark.

4 months ago I was diagnoised with a thyroid problem (Hashimotos). I know hypothyroid can cause constipation but my levels have been good for 3 months but my constipation is a bad as ever. Stimulants really help. I remember taking Phentermine 3 years ago and it work a miracle. I went 5 times the first day. Unfortunately most doctors won't event consider writing and Rx for it.

What could be up with me? I have also gained 20 pounds in the last year. Can the poor digestion be related? Improving my thyroid levels hasn't helped in any way.

Desperate for answers.

Tags: slow