Colitis Expert Forum
FLAGYL DISCONTINUANCE

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

FLAGYL DISCONTINUANCE
I am having bad cases odf diarrhea from Flagyl. My test for C-DIFF was negative. Can I stop taking Flagyl?
You have not mentioned why you are taking Flagyl.
Flagyl hardly causes diarrhea.
Do a stool analysis for evaluation.
Infectious diarrhea may need a course of antibiotics.
Probiotic supplements would be helpful
How long have u been taking the drug?? Is this the first time using it?  Flagyl is specific for bowel disorders.  Meds like ampicillin and other antibiotics are usually not effective for bowel disorders.  I would measure the level of the discomfort and then call the prescribing Doctor.  Sometimes things have to get worse in order to get a lot better-Best of Luck---