Colitis Expert Forum
Green Stool
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Green Stool

what are the causes of a dark olive green stool....it is not blood, already had it checked and I was taking Donnatal for 10 days to alleviate gastritis which ended yesterday.  Green color started 3 days ago up to that time I had healty looking stool.  I have not changed what I eat, no new foods and the only deviation was this Donnatal.....any ideas?  thanks
Related Discussions
Hi,
Occasional green stools is a normal phenomenon.
Sometimes when the bowel contents move faster, the stool may appear green. One of the common causes for this faster transit is infection. Sometimes it can occur as a side effect of the medications we take. But mostly it is influenced by the food we take.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...