Colitis Expert Forum
Help Please!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Help Please!
hey i'm a 16 year old teenage girl and i have an important question, that has been bugging me for the longest.

well about three weeks ago I've been noticing that i use the bathroom more often than usual. Yes, to do #2. Well every time i would think i have to stool it would only be gas, but when i did go my stool would come out with mucus. Of course i thought it was just a one time thing and that it would go away on it's own. Unfortunately, it's gotten progressively worse. Most of the time i use the bathroom it would be just mucus, no stool in sight.

can this be symptoms of cancer? or even HIV?
Colon cancer is less likely at 16 years of age.
It could be due to infectious colitis or irritable bowel syndrome ( though the duration is less to call it IBS).
Stool test and colonoscopy may be done for evaluation.