Colitis Expert Forum
Help with UC questions

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Help with UC questions
I was diagnosed with UC 4 years ago.  No problems up to last spring.  I have been on steroids since then, increasing and decreasing as deemed necessary.  Tried Lialda and did not work, tried Remicade and did not work.  Wound up with a lung infection (no cleared) due to UC.  I am on 20 MG steroids and Imuran starting at 50MG and increasing to 200 a day.
I am really torn between a J Pouch or Ileostomy.  I don't really want surgery but have gone bathroom over 200 times this month so far.  Seems to hit me aroung 1AM and lasts till mid morning.  Before it was any time and many accidents.
Don't know what to do and how long to wait to try out Imruan.
When was the last colonoscopy done and what was the extent of involvement?