Colitis Expert Forum
IBS I'm so confused

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

IBS I'm so confused
I was diagnosed about 6 years ago with IBS, however it was never actually explaned to me. I was given medication (zelnorm) and was again able to go to the bathroom semi normally. I then was told to quit taking the medication by my husband who'd heard bad things about it. The issue has kind of died down, untill the 4months or so, I've gotten to where I throw up several times a week , constantly have oily stool, and just feel run down and like ****.

Of course I've had top notch health care untill about 3 months ago, and now can't afford to get tests done etc. I've pretty much narrowed my problem to either my IBS or B12 deficiency. (I had my gallbladder removed about 4 years ago) I just dont know what to do. I have tried reading site talking about IBS trigger foods, and what I should cut out or down on, unfortunatly i'm a VERY picky eater, and have problems with a lot of vegetables. I really don't know what to do and would LOVE any suggestions.
Oily stool indicates fat malabsorption.
Hence I would suggest a thorough examination to find the cause. It could be due to pancreatic, biliary or intestinal causes.
Consult a gastroenterologist for evaluation.