Colitis Expert Forum
Ischemic Colitis/AVM 24 yrs old

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Ischemic Colitis/AVM 24 yrs old

I am looking for any suggestions or tips that anyone can give me that would be helpful. I am 24 years old with a history or depression/anxiety, ocd , and IBS, I pass out from time to time due to low blood pressure. I had a TIA 4 months after my c-section that was 3yrs ago. Now after a trip to the hospital and a colonoscopy I was diagnosed with AVM and ischemic colitis. I have had rectal bleeding off an on through out the yrs,constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain and now I was told that its due to the AVM in the left side of my colon. My gastro Dr. wants me to have an MRA of the ab/pelvis, but there is one problem.... no one want to approve me for insurance and its over $2000.00 for this test. At this point I am at a stand still.. worried and don't know what to do. Please advice in anyway you can. thank you so much for reading!!
If you are still having symptoms, you may have to undergo either MRA or CT angiogram.
These are the confirmatory tests.