Colitis Community
Ischemic colitis

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Ischemic colitis

3 weeks ago I was hospitalized for pain and Bloody stools. I have had a CT, MRA, stress tests and have seen a Cardio dr.  I am now recommended to have artery looked at.  Here is my question: After initial episode, within a week, I felt better.  Now, after 3 weeks, I am again having "cramping feelings" low near the pelvic bone, slight left, and low back pain. Stools for the last 2 days were soft and heavy but no blood seen.  I do not have a scheduled Dr apt as of yet, for more tests. How should I treat this "new pain".  Asprin, heat, lay down , liquid diet?  or should I seek medical help?  ((I am more nervous because 7 yrs ago, after a Hysterectomy, a month later I had severe back pain and ended up in emergency surgury for gang green and infection)).  I have already called my family dr, but he has yet to call me back.  Should I just go about daily life and deal with the slight uncomfort.  
One of the first things to do is to make sure you stay well-hydrated. When your fluid levels drop, your BP will drop and that can precipitate an ischemia problem in some.

Take at easy, and call your doc. It's the wisest course of action. Make sure you review any meds you're taking with your doc (until you see a specialist) to make sure you're not taking meds that could precipitate problems.