Colitis Community
Just Got Hep A and have colon issues any help?

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

I'm only 36 I am having tons of stomach pain and yesterday took myself out of a hospital because I thought they were a bunch of liars and were not doing what was in my best interest but what my insurance company would pay for. I started loosing weight a few weeks ago about 20lbs I'm now 180lbs but 6'3 male. I think I are some bad sushi my doctor my primary did blood work and found out I have Hepatitis A. Now I have had some colon issues and a big incident in my mid 20's that caused the ER I went to too keep me and resection it. They said it was diverticulosis and apparently it was one damaged area which they though could have come from something I ate and was a nightmare pain wise from the colonoscopy I went threw where I woke up out there so called twilight medicine screaming,cursing and wanting to hurt the man sticking this tube in you nowhere to the surgery itself. Now I have broke a femur had knee and ankle surgeries all three left arm breaks and other surgeries this surgery was by far the most painful and I still never came back 100% to my abdominal muscles. Well I'm sick again and I went to the hospital nearest my house only to find out the Medicaid I had to be on with a family of six kids and a wife to support and not making enough money to having to get state help that the hospital kept me there for 12hrs and transported me to another. Where I never once saw a G.I. Doctor I didn't see anyone until 6pm that night and said they were going to due a colonoscopy the next day and I was upset and wanted them to keep me there a couple days to rid any infection before I go threw the twilight wake up in pain screaming procedure again. The doc was in and out so quick but told me the G.I. Doctor would visit me first I got nothing but a call a few hours later saying he agreed and for me to tell them not to do it and if the doctor on the floor came by the next day to say that I didn't feel ready and that G.I. Doc would agree to the hospital floor doctor to back me up. I am a little worried not only pain but the fact that they could rupture my colon which has had surgery once already. The next day the floor doctor came back and why didn't you do it and I said me and the G.I. Agreed that I should wait. He said he spoke to the G.I. Which was never around me and that he never said anything like that to me a total lie. They wanted to kick me out because of insurance. So then the nurse come in as my family and ally kids finally came to see me and I had asked the previous nurse the whole day if I could try eating solid foods as my appetite I think because of anti biotics was coming back could I eat? And all day she said I'm calling I'm calling. So when this floor doctor came there that night I asked him why he didn't send the G.I. To see me? And asked about being called he said he never was which I confronted the nurse in front of him as they also wanted a stool sample which I couldn't provide if she had been calling all day she said no I didn't as your post op. which she could have said at any point not lie. Never seeing a G.I. Who agreed I needed time to clear out my infection but due to insurance these doctors wanted to send me packing. When the new nurse came in why family was there and I had told doctor maybe I felt 5-10% better but my pain was about a 8-9 on a 1-10 scale the whole time and if agree to do procedure tomorrow to stay in hospital. My pain medicine was over due and when I asked the nurse she told me the doctor stopped the order for it. I take regular pain meds every month for back pain which needs a to experimental surgery but I take by alarm clock I'm no junkie by any means but when I was told I wasn't getting pain meds I couldn't eat and couldn't clean my system out enough to feel ok to do procedure I told her to go get the paperwork that I'm out of here I then grabbed the double quarter pounder with cheese my wife brought and left. But now here is my problem what to do? I don't want to do this procedure with ought the pain being a lot less. My meds at home which are 15mg oxicodone I also get 10/325 I think somas and nothing's working I'm in so much pain. So do I try another hospital to have another insurance issue? Should I sue the last place as if I go anywhere else and tell this story they can make me look bad because I left? Does anyone have any horn remedy to help me? Maybe this can be passed along I'm 36 I have a 12yr old daughter I have a 7yr old son and twins who just turned 3 a son 22 months and another son 6 my wife needs me and I'm dying here I'm breathing in pain and whensing sorry I know that was spelled wrong. I need to not be lied to and I need to be hospitalized and have this colonoscopy so besides the inflammation they see and the Hepatitis A in my blood they can do a bio and help me. I'm a ex ball player out here in Las Vegas and scared. By the way don't go to Spring Valley Hospital if you have Mediicaid it's not good. If you don't know any help please pass it on. I can be emailed at ***@**** I need something right now just to sleep as I'm in pain do bad. Thanks to all and God Bless
Tags: Hepatitis