Colitis Expert Forum
Low dose aspirin w/ no U.C. symptoms since 1980
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low dose aspirin w/ no U.C. symptoms since 1980

I have managed to beat U.C. twice without surgery or meds. Once in the summer before beginning middle school after having U.C. for 6 years. The second time in 1980 after a recurrence in 1979. I made a temporary radical change in diet suggested by a family friend who avoided surgery for U.C. after adopting the same diet. I stayed on the diet for 6 months with no U.C. symptoms. I eat whatever I want now.

Now I know U.C. can escalate the chances for colon cancer and today I read low-dose aspirin can lower chances of contracting several forms of cancer. It's been 30 years since I had any U.C. symptoms; is it safe to begin a low-dose aspirin regimen?
Related Discussions
Hi,
I would suggest that you undergo colonoscopy first for assessing the current status of your colon and based on the finding decide on the further course of action.
1 Comment
Blank
I find this post absolutely fascinating.  I was diagnosed with U.C./Chrone's at age 9.  I had a 10 year "flare".  At age 21 I went into full remission, and now 14 years later I have relapsed.  I have been reading that freeze dried black raspberries helps with the inflammation in the colon.  My colon at this point is so swollen, it is entering my pelvic cavity(hysterectomy 3 yrs ago).  I need to try something, because I have no insurance, two children I'd like to see grow up, and am at a loss.  As far as the aspirin, I would not start a regime without talking to your doctor.  Aspirin thins the blood significantly, even at the low dose, I would be very careful about doing that on your own, however it is your choice.  It would be interesting to see/know that that really worked.  What is your thoughts on the black raspberries?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
4 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank