Colitis Community
Mild Inflamation(inflammation) sigmoid colon
About This Community:

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mild Inflamation(inflammation) sigmoid colon

Over past year I have had 2 occurrences of passing bright red blood, no other pain, no sickness, diarrhoea, constipation, no pains anywhere. On the second occasion some 7 months after the first I contacted by GP and had a flexible sigmoidoscopy. Result found mild inflamation (inflammation) in sigmoid and a few ulcers, which were so small they looked like white pin head dots to me, 3 biopsies taken, I'm awaiting the results in the next week. So I didn't have haemorrhoids which I would have thought it would have been and no polyps either. After the Sigmoidoscopy the Dr said I would now need a colonoscopy. I will wait for the results before I decided if this is a necessary route to go down personally, if there is only mild inflamation (inflammation) and I have no other symptoms I can't see the point of an invasive procedure?? Anyone else have the above experience??
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank