Colitis Expert Forum
Mucus and undigested food

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Mucus and undigested food

I have Mucus and undigested food containing vegetables in my stool, thats from a month now, in addition i go many times to make stool more than normal, may be four or five times a day, is that could be symptoms of a particular Disease.
Hi aymoon,
Presence of only undigested food including vegatables is not a matter of concern. Most of the times they are just fibers which dont get digested inside.

But if it is assocaited with other symptoms like mucus, weight loss, persistent diarrhea, then you need to investigate.

Since you have mentioned that you pass mucus in addition undigested food inclusing vegatables, you need to consult your physician for further evaluation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.