Colitis Expert Forum
Mucus in Bowel Movement
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Mucus in Bowel Movement
For the past few months, whenever i have a bowel movement (which is more often then usual), there is a significant amount of mucus within it. it is whitish yellowish. it seems as though it is easier for me to pass my BM's. I was wondering if i should be concerned?
thanks
Long_legs
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi long_legs,
More mucus in stools indicates inflammation of the colon (colitis)  and can be due to infection, UC, IBS .
Minimal mucus in stools is normal.
Increased mucus for a prolonged period of time or if it is assocaited with bleeding is a serious problem and needs evaluation.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.

Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, What is IBS? was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, problems with stomach and reflux was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now