Aa
A
A
Close
No urge to move bowels - colitis diagnosis after sigmoidoscopy
I just posted this to the ask a doctor forum as well but wondered if any of you with colitis have ever NOT had even so much as an urge to move your bowels. I have only been diagnosed with colitis after a sigmoidoscopy yesterday. This was due to bleeding from rectum after food poisoning episode (GI doc thinks it was caused by bleeding from internal hemorrhoids because of the severe diahrrea). I was terrified! I've never in my entire life had bleeding like this occur. I didn't eat anything solid for two days; then gradually have added soft foods only with lots of liquids. I've had 2-3 days of bowel movements of the soft food but that gradually subsided to very little stool, then nothing ever since even though I have been gradually eating more - still soft, though. I have not had a BM in 3 days. However, yesterday I had a sigmoidoscopy with an enema prep day before. I have never used an enema prep like this before. Still no stool; only mucus and liquid erupted. After sigmoidoscopy GI doc said "no immediate signs of cancer" but has taken a biopsy. He did, however show me films of mild acute colitis - WOW - this is unreal and red! Reason he didn't do a colonoscopy is because I just had one TWO years ago and all was clear (except for mild gastritis diagnosis). Prior to the food poisoning episode 11 days ago I was actually feeling great! Even my gastritis had subsided and aside from some random bowel changes - normal then constipation (I contribute this to not drinking much water at all- something I've been real bad about for years). However, now I 'get it' about colitis - it is painful and I feel this weird burning. It comes and goes but now I have NO URGE whatsoever to move my bowels! I'm scared about this - never had this feeling before. I'm still eating small amounts of soft foods; admittedly far less fiber than I'm used to eating though. I know it's only been three full days since a BM but what should I do? I am afraid if I keep eating the 'backup?" will get worse. Should I stay on liquids only until I know what's wrong? Has anyone had anything like this before? I'm almost thinking the colitis was caused from the enema! I've read where this is possible. Only because I did not have any burning sensation or cramps at all prior to that procedure. Any thoughts?
Cancel
0 Answers
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank