Colitis Expert Forum
Rectocele and Intussusception
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rectocele and Intussusception

For lack of knowing where else to post this question, I am posting it here.  I am 48-years old, diagnosed with gastroparesis back in May, hypothyroidism in June, and rectocele/rectal intussusception this past week (in October).  I am status-post three c/sections, abdominal hysterectomy (still have my ovaries), and a ventral wall hernia repair while they were doing the hysterectomy due to compromised fascia that would not hold my organs in.  In addition, I had liposuction following the hysterectomy, due to displacement of the fat (left with a large contour abnormality on my left side).  

Now I am diagnosed with the rectocele/intussusception.  I have been advised by my colorectal surgeon not to do anything about it due to the complexity of the surgery with all of my previous surgeries.  I am suffering with a lot of pain and don't know if I can go on living with this.  Any advice?