Colitis Expert Forum
Sever Abdomimal Pain and Nausea

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Sever Abdomimal Pain and Nausea

Over the last 4 years I have begun having what I thought was stomach issues.  I was just recently hositalized for almost 3 weeks.  I woke one morning and my stomach was hurting so bad that I could barely move.  I some how made it to the bathroom.  Suddenly I felt that I was going to to have a bowel movement and I began shaking very badly to the point that I thought that I was going to pass out.  After sitting for quite some time I began to have what I thought was diarreah (diarrhea) but discovered that it was pure bright red blood and nothing else.  This continued through out the day.  I eventually went to the er and was admitted.  A colonoscopy was performed and the GI dr came back and told me that I had Ischemic Colitis.  A couple of days later another GI dr came in and stated that there was no way that I could have Ischemic Colitis that I just did not fit the profile.  Apparently there is something going on with my colon but no one can seem to agree to anything.  They put me on Flagyl, Levaquin, Phenghan, Percocet, along with other things.  I am almost constantly in pain and stay neauseated.  As of now the blood is gone.  After I eat I am in the restroom within 20 to 30 minutes with diarreah (diarrhea) and in severe pain.  Any ideas?  Please help!
Can I have the colonoscopy report?
Any weightloss?
Was CT scan of the abdomen done?
I do not have to colonscopy report.  The only thing that I know is that the report stated that I had Ischemic Colitis.

I have not had severe weight loss.

I have had 2 CT's done and nothing has shown.

I actually went back in the hospital yesterday and was told that I need to get in with my GI Dr ASAP.  Also the doctor there is afraid that more damage may have been done to my intestines due to an overload of antibiotics.  I have been told that I basically need to stick to the BRAT diet at this point.

The nausea has become so severe that I have a hard time getting out of bed.  The doctor put me on Reglan for the nausea and Percocet for the pain.