Colitis Expert Forum
Sharp sudden pain in lower abdomen/ red blood in stool
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sharp sudden pain in lower abdomen/ red blood in stool

I have had had issues with defication since I was about 15 or so, I am currently 31. I see blood on the toilet paper regularly and occassionally bleed enough into the water to turn it bright red. When I was 16 or so I went to a doctor who diagnosed hemmoids. I underwent treatment to no avail and decied that I would just live with it. On occassion when I am not using the bathroom I get extremely sharp pains inside my lower abdomen and passing stool is regularly painful but not unbearable. Recently I have been deficating 4 or 5 times a day and it is loose 90% of the time. I have passes throught times like this in the past and there are times when everything seems to be working normally. I want to know if these symptoms point to anything serious or if I can continue to not seek treatment. Thanks in advance.