Colitis Community
Symptoms of Colitis?

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Symptoms of Colitis?

Hi, iv'e been suffering with bloatedness, fatigue, feeling of numbness in my stomache, loss of appitite, and a small amount of weakness for just over two years, and was told by the doctors that it could be Irritable Bowel syndrome, which was caused by stress.

Stupidly I did'nt think that this could have been anything to do with anal sex, as I had a bad, unwanted, forceful experience before all of this had started. I came accross Colitis on the internet and some pages about ruptures and now I am very worried that I'll have to have surgery to fix matters and that I have left it for so long, as this is so embarressing to even talk to my doctor about.

I have no idea what to do or who to talk to. Please help!
IBS?
How could you have IBS without having diarhea (diarrhea) right after eating?   IBS is when your food comes out the other end about 20 minutes or so after eating it!

Your symptoms seem to indicate poor HCL production in your stomach which could be why you feel bloated and with no appetite............Next time you see the doctor ask to get the HCL production tested-I don't recall the name of the test.

Where exactly do you feel numb?

Go see a doctor please!