Colitis Expert Forum
Tired of dealing with pain and flareups

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Tired of dealing with pain and flareups
I have chronic colitis and gastritis and I just recently found out that I may have acid reflux as well.  I had my gallbladder removed a month ago and instead of the pain getting better it has gotten worse.  I have stopped eating completely because no matter what I eat it upsets my stomach.  I have had one pain free day in almost three years and at this point I am exhausted.  What should I do? I know I have to eat something so I decided that maybe I should consider eating baby food to cut down on my stomach and intestines having to do so much work.  Is this a good Idea?
What medications are you on?
Hello. Currently I am taking nexium. That's all I have been given. It helps some but not enough.
Do you find relief with nexium?
Which part of the abdomen do you have pain?
Upper GI endoscopy done?